Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Revised Pitch
















My idea is based on the emotional journey of a main character, a nineteen year old woman in the beginning of her journey as an adult. But this character will never be shown. The character will be represented as a voice narrating vignette style imagery.
Although it may not seem like it at first glance, I've led an eventful life and think it comes through in the poetry i write, i ran away from home for a brief amount of time when i was 16, got into just enough trouble without ever getting arrested, but the fact is i never really had any reason to be as rebellious as i was, other than i was a 16 year old.

This has been inspired by my interest and fascination with absurdity, ups and downs of life feeling fucked up one moment and great the next, satirically discussing things that would usually be taken seriously to others, off-putting topics and things that people avoid talking about, like my best friend gettin an std and asking me to tell her boyfriend for her, knowing prostitutes, gypsies, junkies. I like openly discussing how people's heart's getting broken, being exploited and used. I enjoy recalling memories of my personal past and applying those to other people..I grew up in the music industry with my parents and was exposed to a lot at a young age. And i'm at this point in my life where i'm feeling the after effects of my more rebellious part of my life.

Sometimes I recall memories of mischief and can laugh at it all now and sort of secretly relish in those feelings of being invincible and i find something very charming about that particular 16th year in someone's life, it's such a formative period and i learned some of my best life lessons during that time and still am. Although i have grown into an incredibly more thoughtful person at this point in my life, i think as a source of entertainment i tend to live vicariously through all these people i've been in the past and i tend to reference those versions of myself and exaggerate those memories in my poetry. I'm at a point in my life where i can laugh at the stupid shit i've done.

The only way i can see myself attempting to recreate these memories is presenting them in these brief shots. The shots will almost seem as though they are stills but there will be a brief moment of movement in the forms or figures shown to give them life, but just as quick memories.


Being a young adult living today, we're faced with so many different issues like choosing ones's sexual orientation, stds, responsibilities, The film will be a series of abstract scenes, like a photo montage or like vignettes of memories.



Thank you all for listening.


i've hung out with the best of 'em
the junkies, whores, lil mommies, big poppies,
the hippy fuckheads and the krusty, train hoppin gutter punks
playing spin the bottle with the 50 year old men
snorting coke on bathroom breaks during the ACT
totalled my car, now i ride my bike rain or shine

1 comment:

Followers

About Me

My photo
ritual. Soul. Creole.(repeat)